This year has FLOWN by! Where did 2019 go!?
This time of year everyone is reflecting on how the rest of the year has been. And I’m no exception. And as I look back I realize that I completely forgot to celebrate Jennifer Muir Doula Services turning 1 year old!
I don’t really have an ‘official start date’ as I started to dip my toes into creating a business slowly as I was completing my doula training. So I guess I was a little confused as to what should be my official anniversary date! And then time slipped by and now it’s a little late to celebrate that milestone.
So instead, let’s celebrate how amazing 2019 was; the first year of Jennifer Muir Doula Services.
A quick recap of what I was able to accomplish in my first year:
• Finished almost all of the requirements for my doula certification (except for a few book reports that will get done in 2020)
• Attended a Spinning Babies workshop
• Attended an Evidence Based Birth workshop
• Supported 11 clients in birth and postpartum
• Established my website, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
• Attended c-section, waterbirth, birth trauma, and breastfeeding workshops
• Became a Breastfeeding Buddy in Waterloo Region
• Continued my education as a Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) and checked the safety of more car seats than I can keep track of in private appointments and volunteer clinics!
• Gave countless talks in the community about: what a doula is, babywearing, and all about car seat safety. Many thanks to my community partners – Play-a-Latte Cafe, Belly Buttons Childbirth Classes, KW Moms Club, and Once Upon a Child Cambridge.
• Started offering delicious freezer meals to keep life easy for expecting and new families (and for families with older kids too! Everyone needs a break sometimes!)
When I look back at everything I have accomplished in 2019 I can’t believe HOW MUCH I was able to do.
With that being said, I am SO SO looking forward to 2020 as I am going to be jumping into my business FULL TIME! I am saying goodbye to my part-time job and focusing all of my time and energy into Jennifer Muir Doula Services!
So here is to an amazing 2020! Happy New Years everyone!
Your Doula Jennifer